With just a few ingredients you can make a Thai Red Curry in less than an hour – not that we have many time constraints these days! This is not so much a recipe as a guide to building your own dish.
Instead of Chicken Breasts use Thighs, or even thin strips of beef (is so leave the pineapple out!). Amoy also do a Thai Green Curry Paste as well as Penang Curry Paste so lots of variations with Prawns Pork or just Vegetables!
- 1 Amoy Thai Red Curry Paste Jar – from Monoprix
- 2 Chicken Breasts with skin removed and cut into cubes
- 200 mls Coconut Milk – from Monoprix
- 1 Pineapple – fresh or tinned cut into chunks
- 10 – 15 Mange Tout or Green Beans – Gran Frais
- 10 – 15 Cherry Tomatoes, halved if too big
- Put the whole contents of the jar in a wide pan together with the chicken pieces and stirfry on a medium heat for 2 minutes before adding the coconut milk.
- Bring to a simmer and then add the pineapple chunks.
- Once the chicken is cooked add the tomatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes before adding the greens for another 3 minutes.
- Serve with Thai Rice and, if you like, Bok Choi from Gran Frais (see below).
Quarter the Bok Choi and microwave for 2 – 3 minutes or until just done. Then heat 2 tbs of Oyster Sauce with 2 tbs of water for 1 minute in the microwave. Pour a few drops of Sesame Oil into the heated sauce and pour over the Bok Choi.