Day 1 of the 4th week of confinement in France
Tuesday April 7th 2020
So here we go, starting the 4th week of confinement. I must say that in my case I am not too bothered. I somehow have enough to do and plenty on my “to do” list remaining.
No real news from the official channels (Government, Region, Agglo, Town). In fact most of the webpages do not appear to be updated (lack of personnel?). I have actually written to the government to complain. They show on their home page, in this case “Updated on Monday April 6th at 19h00” but you have to plough through at least 40 pages to find out what has been updated and I must admit that I did not find anything new this morning.
The hospitalisation rate in Occitanie appears to be still slowing down which looks positive. Too early to say if a peak had been reached. One can only hope.
The largest increase in cases, by far, from one day to the other was the USA with 30,516
►Information: Whats App
The messaging application will soon limit the sharing of previously uploaded content to a single recipient to slow the spread of fake news about the virus.
I am not too bothered personally since I gave up Whats App quite a while back but I hope it will reduce the incessant buzzing of my wife’s phone.
►Information: European Stock Exchanges open on the rise
The Paris Stock Exchange opened higher (+3.30%) on Tuesday, continuing the rally that began the day before with a significant rebound, clinging to the fragile signals hinting at a potential peak in the coronavirus epidemic in Europe. At 9am, the CAC 40 index was up 143.26 points to 4,489.40.
The London Stock Exchange also opened higher despite Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s placement in intensive care. The FTSE 100 index of major stocks rose 3.09% to 5,754.92 points this morning. The same was true in Frankfurt, where the Dax rose by 3.65%, following a rebound of more than 5%.
►Information: Updated list of links I use
- Gouvernement: https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus
- Porte Parole du Gouvernement: https://www.gouvernement.fr/la-porte-parole
- Ministère de l’intérieur: https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/
- Ministère des Finances: https://www.economie.gouv.fr/
- Ministère des Sports: http://www.sports.gouv.fr/
- Prefecture de l’Aude: http://www.aude.gouv.fr/
- Service Public: https://www.service-public.fr/
- Region Occitanie: https://www.laregion.fr/
- Carcassonne Agglo: https://www.carcassonne-agglo.fr/fr/index.html
- Ville de Carcassonne: https://www.carcassonne.org/
Laws & decrees
- LegiFrance: https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/
Data & statistics
- INSEE: https://www.insee.fr/fr/accueil
- World: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
- Data Gouvernement: https://www.data.gouv.fr/fr/
- arS Occitanie: https://www.occitanie.ars.sante.fr/
- Politologue: https://coronavirus.politologue.com/
- World population: https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/population-by-country/
Newspapers & News
- Le Monde: https://www.lemonde.fr/
- Le Figaro: https://www.lefigaro.fr/
- Le Parisien: http://www.leparisien.fr/
- L’Indépendant: https://www.lindependant.fr/aude/carcassonne/
- Midi Libre: https://www.midilibre.fr/aude/carcassonne/
- La Depeche: https://www.ladepeche.fr/communes/carcassonne,11069/
- La Croix: https://www.la-croix.com/
- France Info: https://www.francetvinfo.fr/
- Paris Match: https://www.parismatch.com/
- Bison futé: https://www.bison-fute.gouv.fr/
- Risques Aude: https://www.gouvernement.fr/risques/aude
- Vigie crues: https://www.vigicrues.gouv.fr/
- Cyber Malveillance: https://www.cybermalveillance.gouv.fr/
►Information: As usual more to come during the day if available
☠️ The dreaded daily statistics 💀
► International Statistics: Top 10 countries according to the deaths count.
Monday April 6th
Sunday April 5th
► Percentage increase of deaths from one day to the other:
► Regional Statistics: Occitanie & Aude
► Statistics: Percentage of cases by country v population (1.000 cases or more only)