Day 4 of the 4th week of confinement in France
Friday April 10th 2020
Not much concrete to report. Three main topics are hitting the news:
1. The EU finance ministers have finally agreed on a €100 Billion rescue package. I have not read the details yet but it is aimed at businesses rather than the individual person.
2. There is still a lot of discussions on the possible obligation to wear masks when going out. So much breath is being wasted on this. Wearing masks have a positive effect even if it is not 100% fool proof. It is as simple as that. Having lived in Asia where wearing a mask, against polution for instance, is common pratice, I do not understand the European aversion to this.
3. De-confinement is the main issue which is really premature. I fully agree on the studies which are being carried out on how it could happen but the time has not come, quite on the contrary. President Macron will most likely announce another 2 to 4 weeks or even 6 weeks confinement period till the end of May.
Finally maybe a little bit of good news, hopefully not premature. There has been another decrease (-82) of patients in reanimation in France bringing the number to 7,066.
17:00 – News flash:
Possibly the best news of the day for sushi connoisseurs.
An emergency food market Place Carnot will be opened this Saturday from 7 am to 12.30 pm. It will meet drastic security conditions, as the town has undertaken to do with the Prefecture.
►Information: Something to do
Bored to tears, try Fold’NFly. A site dedicated to folding to learn all the ways to fold a sheet to turn it into an airplane. Maybe you can reach the “expert” level before the end of the confinement.
►Information: Transport, taxis, deliveries
Public transport operators (buses, trams, trains) must carry out disinfectant cleaning of vehicles at least once a day.
In buses with several doors, it is forbidden to use the front door unless there is a distance of at least 1 metre from the driver. It is permitted to use any other door.
Passengers shall stand at least 1 metre away from other passengers.
The sale of tickets on board by an agent of the company is suspended.
Passengers may be prohibited from using the transport service if they do not comply with these obligations.
During a home delivery, the driver, after communicating with the recipient or his representative, leaves the package in front of the door using alternative methods that confirm the good delivery and does not recover the recipient’s signature.
No signature of any document on any medium whatsoever may be required by the recipient or his representative.
The delivery shall be deemed to be in conformity with the contract unless a complaint is made by any means, including electronically:
- at the latest at the expiry of the contractually agreed time limit;
- or at noon of the first working day following the handing over of the goods if there is no time limit provided for in the contract.
Taxis and chauffeur-driven transport vehicles (VTC)
No passenger may sit next to the driver. However, several passengers may sit in the back of the vehicle.
Passengers must take all their rubbish with them.
The driver must disinfect the vehicle at least once a day. The vehicle is permanently ventilated.
The driver may refuse access to the vehicle to a person with symptoms of covid-19 infection (cough, fever, breathing difficulties).
These provisions are also applicable to adapted transport for disabled persons or persons with reduced mobility.
My friend Christian fiddled with my picture. I would not mind though.
►Fun : Friday funnies from Paul
►Information: As usual more to come during the day if available
☠️ The dreaded daily statistics 💀
► International Statistics: Top 10 countries according to the deaths count.
The USA will be soon at the top of the table
Thursday April 9th
Wednesday April 8th
► Percentage increase of deaths from one day to the other:
► Regional Statistics: Occitanie & Aude
► Statistics: Percentage of cases by country v population (1.000 cases or more only)