- 6 Shallots (3 per person)
- 30 g Butter
- 150 mls Port
- 2 Tbs Redcurrant Jelly (or any fruit berry jelly available!)
- Sat & Pepper to taste
- Blanch the Shallots in boiling water for 1 minute, cool under cold water and peel.
- Melt the Butter in a sauté pan on a high heat and add the Shallots.
- Keep moving the Shallots around to evenly colour them.
- Once the Shallots are a dark golden colour (about 5 – 7 minutes) reduce the heat and add the Port and the Fruit Jelly.
- Once the Jelly has dissolved, season with Pepper and Salt if needed and further lower the heat to a slight simmer.
- Reduce the sauce by half – this should take 20 minutes or so.
- Adjust the seasoning and serve.