Serves 2-3, 10 mins prep, 30-40 minutes cooking time
- Half a cup small lentils
- 1 medium aubergine
- 1 onion or leek
- 2 tsps fresh thyme/1 tsp dried
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Half litre stock/bone broth
- Salt ‘n’ pepper
- Finely chop aubergine and onion/leek.
- Sauté onion/leek, garlic and aubergine with the lentils until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the thyme and season.
- Then add liquid, 100ml at a time, on a low heat, stirring frequently, until most of the liquid has been absorbed, much like when cooking a risotto.
- Taste and season additionally if required.
Serve as a side dish with sweet potato falafel and meatballs with tomato sauce.