Servings 4| Prep Time 40 mins
- 2 sweet potatoes (about 700g)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 heaped tsp dried coriander leaves (or handful of fresh)
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice ( depending on how dry the sweet potatoes are)
- 150g gram/chickpea flour
- Salt ‘n’ pepper
- Sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Microwave the sweet potatoes 8-10 minutes and let cool while you assemble the rest of the ingredients.
- When they’re cool enough to handle, season well and then mash with the rest of the ingredients, until you have a smooth mix with no large chunks.
- Firm up in the fridge for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 220C. Oil a baking tray.
- Take the mix out of the fridge. If really wet, add some more gram flour, or if dry add more lemon juice.
- Using two spoons or just your hands, make 16 small falafel, placing them on the oiled baking tray.
- Sprinkle on sesame seeds.
- Bake for about 15 minutes till golden brown.
I served them with meatballs in a tomato sauce and Italian lentils with aubergine