- 1 lime wedge, plus 2 lime wheels for garnish
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt, for glass rims
- 4 ounces (120ml) high quality blanco tequila (note on tequilas coming soon)
- 2 ounces (60ml) Cointreau
- 1 1/2 ounces (45ml) fresh juice from 2 limes
Run lime wedge around the outer rims of 2 rocks glasses and dip rims in salt and set aside.
In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, Cointreau, and lime juice.
Fill with ice and shake until thoroughly chilled, about 15 seconds (the bottom of a metal shaker should frost over).
Fill glasses with fresh ice and strain margarita into both glasses. Garnish with lime wheels and serve.
To be enjoyed in moderation