Day 45 in Carcassonne 🇫🇷
3rd Day of the 7th week of confinement
The UK is beginning to report the real figures and particularly the deaths with the immediate consequence that they now are the 3rd country with the most with 26.166 just behind Italy which is reporting 27.682 (see statistics below). This is fairly worrying and does not reflect the complete truth yet.
Yesterday I wrote to the mayor’s office twice with 2 questions:
- When and how will the masks be made available to the inhabitants. Some towns in France have announced when they will start the distribution and the methods they will use. I do not need any myself, but I know many who do. Some regions like “Ile de France i.e Paris and surrounding” area have distributed today 500.000 masks in 130 train and bus stations.
- If the “Departement de l’Aude” gets rated with a Green status (I expect it will), what will happen with the curfew currently in place in Carcassonne.
In both emails, I emphasised that the communication from the Mairie could improve a lot. Their home page is not updated everyday and yesterday all they did was post the Prime Minister’s speech which is available in all the newspapers on paper or on line. Let us see if I get replies.
The concert for the Carcassonne Festival after July 14th are still showing as happening which cannot be. Again the info politic of the town is failing badly.
11:30 Just received a reply… Answers will be available next…
The daily Dashboard
65 days to go (8 less than yesterday) before a major deconfinement: July 4th… That is not taking into account this new sickness (Kawasaki Syndrome?) which appears to be affecting some children children in the UK and France.
Information & News
▶︎ Red or Green
The first map of France with the “departements” classified as red or green will be unveiled this Thursday evening. It will not be the final version but represent today’s status.
▶︎ Golf Carcassonne
It looks like the golf course might re-open from May 9th onwards. Maximum 2 persons per flight, departures every 9 minutes. Reservations only. I might go just for the exercise.
The seven waste collection centres in Carcassonne-Salvaza, Trèbes, Villemoustaussou, Alzonne, Arzens, Capendu and Pépieux will be open to private individuals, from Monday to Thursday, for green waste only.
▶︎ Rubbish dumps
Covaldem11 (Collection and recovery of household waste in the Aude) extends the experiment carried out for two weeks in seven waste collection centres in the Carcassonnais region and opens them again to private individuals and only for green waste.
Food & Drinks
Nothing new today
The dreaded Statistics
1. International Statistics: Top 10 countries according to the deaths count
Wednesday April 29th 2020
Tuesday April 28th 2020
2. International Statistics: Percentage increase of deaths from one day to the other:
Wednesday April 29th 2020
3. International Statistics: Cases by country v population (1.000 cases or more only)
4. National Statistics: France follow-up
5. Regional Statistics: Occitanie & Aude