Day 54 in Carcassonne
6th and last Day of the 8th week of confinement as we know it
I find it difficult to get going this morning. It must be that Sunday feeling. As I do every morning I updated my “to do” list for the day as well as in the future with the few ideas I might have noted in the past 24 hours. So far I am keeping to my scheduled tasks. As I wrote at trhe beginning of this confinement period, do not try to do too much in one go. Take it easy if not you end up with nothing to do. I had scheduled some painting and minor repairs to do outside for the coming week but it looks like the weather will hamper some of my efforts. Oh well, there is always next week. Talking of weather, some areas of the South West of France have been placed to yellow and orange status overnight as far as floods are concerned.
A cup of coffee and I shall start reading the news and collect data for today’s post.
The daily Dashboard
No new map
Information & News
▶︎Basically most of the French news this morning are about Paris and tomorrow’s 1st day of “free” movement. How will public transport cope.
Bob Dylan announces the release of a new original album in June, “a first for eight years.”
The state of health emergency extended until July 10th. After a final vote in the National Assembly, the text on the extension of the state of health emergency was voted on Saturday, May 9, 2020.
I am looking for the decree itself to see what it actually means.
▶︎ Buying clothes
Will it be possible to use the fitting rooms of the stores from May 11th? New rules are coming out like:
- Make it compulsory for any client wishing to try on a piece of clothing or underwear in the cabin to wear a mask
- To quarantine a product tried and not bought, at least four hours and possibly steam it with disinfectant;
Food & Drinks
Cocktail time by JJ
The dreaded Statistics
1. International Statistics: Top 10 countries according to the deaths count
Saturday May 9th 2020
Friday May 8th
2. International Statistics: Percentage increase of deaths from one day to the other:
Saturday May 9th 2020
3. International Statistics: Cases by country v population (1.000 cases or more only)
4. National Statistics: France follow-up
5. Regional Statistics: Occitanie & Aude