La vérité d’aujourd’hui n’est pas forcément vraie demain
Day 57 in Carcassonne and 3rd day of controlled de-confinement
🎶 A favorite oldie to brighten up the day and bring back memories 🎶
I sat outside yesterday afternoon. What a change compared to last week and I am talking about the noise. Things are almost back to normal, cars going up and down the road, workers catching up with repairs and ignoring the “no noise” hours. Missing still are the planes and in particular the noisy little one for the learners. Last week it was only birds chirping and the sound of wind rustling the leaves.
I have decided to re-learn coding. You might have noticed a few minor changes to this blog’s appearance. I am still experimenting.
The daily Dashboard
No new map
Information & News + Tips
▶︎ Unwanted phone calls
Do you get those? There is an official solution called Bloctel
How does Bloctel work?
Bloctel is a service that allows you to register your number, your spouse’s number or your children’s number to oppose telephone solicitation on these numbers. All professionals are prohibited from canvassing a consumer on the Bloctel list, except in the cases listed by law. For example, it is possible to be canvassed:
* by professionals for the supply of newspapers, periodicals or magazines. Polling institutes and non-profit associations can also contact you if they do not engage in commercial canvassing.
* by the company with which you have a contractual relationship. For example, to propose new offers to you in order to complete, modify or replace the service it already provides you with.
* in the event that you have given your number freely and unequivocally to be called back.
Registering for the Bloctel service only concerns canvassing by telephone call. In the event of receiving fraudulent SMS messages, the consumer can transfer it to 33 700.
How do I register with Bloctel?
Registering on the Bloctel telephone solicitation opposition list is free. You can register on the website bloctel.gouv.fr. You will then have to fill in a form indicating up to 8 fixed or mobile phone numbers on which you no longer wish to be contacted. The Bloctel list only concerns consumer numbers, which excludes business numbers. You will then receive, within 48 hours, an email with a link where you will have to confirm your registration request. The registration is effective within a maximum of 30 days from the confirmation of registration.
How long are you registered on Bloctel?
At any time, you can unsubscribe, delete, add phone numbers or change your contact information from your personal space. You will have access to this space thanks to an identifier and a password that will be sent to you after your registration. Your registration on the Bloctel opposition list is valid for 3 years. When your number’s registration on the Bloctel list expires, you will receive an email or an information letter.
▶︎ The official list as per the published decree
Establishments and places open from May 11th
- All shops including hairdressing salons and beauty salons, with the exception of shopping centres of more than 40,000 sq.m (closed in Île-de-France and open only by decision of the regional prefect in other regions) and cafés and restaurants.
- Outdoor and indoor markets are allowed to reopen unless prohibited by the mayor or the prefect for health safety reasons;
- Parks and gardens located in departments in green zones;
- Media libraries and libraries;
- Small local museums;
- Places of worship. Offices are not yet authorized outside funeral ceremonies and within the limit of 20 people present;
Establishment and places remaining closed after 11 May
- Shopping centres of more than 40,000 m² in the Paris Region and in certain regions by decision of the prefects;
- Cafés, bars and restaurants, except for their delivery and takeaway activities. The opening date will be decided at the end of May depending on the evolution of the health situation;
- The theatres;
- Major museums and exhibition halls;
- Concert halls and multipurpose halls;
- Tents, tents and structures;
- Trade fairs or temporary exhibitions;
- Outdoor facilities;
- Dance halls, discotheques, games rooms;
- Swimming pools and indoor sports facilities;
- Parks and gardens in departments located in the red zone;
- Beaches, lakes and lakes. The prefect may, however, on the proposal of the mayor, authorise access to beaches, lakes and bodies of water as well as nautical and recreational activities if conditions allow for physical distance.
- Gatherings, meetings and sports activities
- Gatherings, meetings or activities, other than professional ones, in private places or on the public highway, are authorised within the strict limit of 10 persons and must be organised in such a way that the rules of physical distance can be respected.
From 11 May onwards, it is possible to walk in the forests and woods.
The practice of physical activities and outdoor sports is possible with the exception of team sports, combat sports and aquatic activities in the swimming pools. Any gathering must be limited to 10 people. However, a distance of 10 metres between two people running or cycling must be maintained. For more moderate activities such as fitness or yoga, a distance of 5 metres between two people must be maintained.
It is possible to play singles tennis on completely open courts, arriving already in tennis gear with your own equipment and balls, marked with a distinctive sign.
The golf courses can also reopen with a maximum of two golfers allowed per round, 3 metres apart and with their own equipment.
Equestrian centres will be able to reopen their outdoor facilities.
Food & Drinks
Nothing new today
The dreaded Statistics
1. International Statistics: Top 10 countries according to the deaths count
Tuesday May 12th 2020
Monday May 11th 2020
2. International Statistics: Percentage increase of deaths from one day to the other:
Tuesday May 12th 2020
3. International Statistics: Cases by country v population (1.000 cases or more only)
4. National Statistics: France follow-up
5. Regional Statistics: Occitanie & Aude