Would you believe it!
Just read an article from Bloomberg Technology. Quite incredible really. But I am sure there is not a single crook within the 20,000 employees mentioned. I am glad I did quit using this outfit.
Facebook Inc. disclosed a flaw on its social network that made passwords of hundreds of millions of users visible to employees and said the issue has now been fixed.
During a security review in January, Facebook found that the passwords were stored in a readable format, against its security procedures, but that they were never visible to anyone outside of the company. Most of the accounts affected were using Facebook Lite, a version of the app designed for emerging markets. The company said it hasn’t found evidence this access was abused.
Facebook disclosed the problem after the security blog KrebsOnSecurity learned about it from an internal source. Krebs said the issue dated back to 2012 in some cases.
“The Facebook source said the investigation so far indicates between 200 million and 600 million Facebook users may have had their account passwords stored in plain text and searchable by more than 20,000 Facebook employees,” KrebsOnSecurity wrote.
Blake and Mortimer
I used to like reading some of these comics. So I kind of feel I should start collecting them again.
What prompted that you might ask.
Well I read an announcement earlier today that one of the most awaited comic of the year is due to be released on May 29th.
It is called “Le dernier Pharaon“
- Tome 1 – Secret de l’espadon T1
- Tome 2 – Secret de l’espadon T2
- Tome 3 – Secret de l’espadon T3
- Tome 4 – Mystère de la grande pyramide T1
- Tome 5 – Mystère de la grande pyramide T2
- Tome 6 – La marque jaune
- Tome 7 – L’enigme de l’Atlantide
- Tome 8 – S.O.S Météores
- Tome 9 – Le piège diabolique
- Tome 10 – L’affaire du collier
- Tome 11 – Les 3 formules du professeur Sato T1
- Tome 12 – Les 3 formules du professeur Sato T2
- Tome 13 – L’affaire Francis Blake
- Tome 14 – Machination Voronov
- Tome 15 – Etrange rendez-vous
- Tome 16 – Sarcophages du 6e continent T1
- Tome 17 – Sarcophages du 6e continent T2
- Tome 18 – Sanctuaire du Gondwana
- Tome 19 – La malédiction des trente deniers T1
- Tome 20 – La malédiction des trente deniers T2
- Tome 21 – Le serment des cinq lords
- Tome 22 – L’onde Septimus
- Tome 23 – Le bâton de Plutarque
- Tome 24 – Le testament de William S.
- Tome 25 – Vallée des immortels T1 Menace sur Hong Kong
- Tome 26 – Le dernier pharaon
Finally we are hooked on the optical fiber network since this morning. Our current contract calls for 300 Mbps and I have tested and reached that download speed immediately from my cabled computer. For my equipment connecting with WiFi it will of course much slower but stable unlike what we have experienced till now during peak hours and crammed bandwidth.
Went to fill up earlier today. Prices are unchanged for “regular” red wine.
The rubber rings I had ordered have arrived and I can replace the old ones which hold the hood of my Méhari.
For those of you familiar with the old Citroën 2CV, these are exactly the same rubber rings which were holding together the backs of the seats
During the past week or so there is a spate of fake messages from so-called “Facebook”. Be extremely careful. This is dangereous malware.
These messages are coming from facebookmail.com or other fake accounts. I have suspended my Facebook account a few months ago so I knew immediately this email could not be correct.
Be careful out there.
Posted in Web
Tagged Facebook, Malware